Tuesday 27 March 2012

Animation Evaluation

Throughout the course of doing Animation, we have done many things from doing animation with different dolls/toys to using actual people. We have mainly used the Cannon 500D to take the majority of our photo's which we have used in our Animation videos. After taking the photo's we have then turned the still images into a film by using Final Cut Pro and then uploading it to Youtube.

Different Subjects We Have Done In Animation

  • Animation with Toys that were brought in
  • Using people and making a animation video by taking photo's of every movement which was done
Equipment Used During Animation Process
  • Cannon 500D
  • Tripod
  • Final Cut Pro
  • Lighting when we was in the studio
Places Where We Done Animation

The majority of the animation work that I did was either produced in the studio, or at the park in Burton. I chose these two places because the studio has all the equipment there I needed to use and also had the lighting equipment so I can make it look better, and the park was a place which was easy accessible and had different objects which could be used to incorporate into animation, such as going on the swings/slide and taking a quick photo of every movement which happened.

Comparing my work to the stuff that I researched, I can say that my work is no where near as good as what the videos are which I posted in my research, but to get it to that standard of quality I would need to invest a lot more hours into doing the animation, being more careful when it comes to getting the shots and making sure the time gap isn't too big in the shots either.

Overall I think that the Animation part of the course was fun, but it got tedious a lot of the time and got pretty boring, If I got asked to do this part of the course again by choice I would turn down the offer to do it, I think this is the part of photography which I dislike the most. The experience from doing animation has been good thing to get though and I am glad I have the experience from doing it. Hopefully this will help me in future pieces of work I do wether it relates to photography or not.

To improve on the work I have done,  I could put more effort into the practical side of the work, as I only seem to put more effort into the research side of animation and not the practical and I would try to get my work to a better grade and try to work towards a distinction

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Make sure that you have mentioned all the sessions that ate covered on the tutor site, 2D flat rostrum animation, green screen and chroma key with a wooden manakin in the studio, character animations that you did out on location.
    Plus make sure that you compare and contrast your work against your research and comment on how well tou have done in your evaluation.
    Yout thoughts and ideas along with inspirations need to be talked about along with what you would do next time to improve all of your work.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete